We finished the book--Let's Talk About Games by Carlos Lopez and I let Javier write down a summary of his thought.This is following:
Soccer. you play soccer in spring wen its Hot.
I like soccer Becus you got to run a lot.
I play soccer at readrill parck.
I won on Sundayand my time won a medull.
Also, I read his homework:
Recess
We play at recess. Boys and grils paly jump rop.
Also w boys play basketball, Grils and boys paly
fres tag. Every budy likes recess.
Spelling check:
1. girls
2. play
3. rope
4. Also
5. freeze
6. Everybody
In class writing:
Aim: Good writers practice their writing
Choose a topic sentence
He chose a topic -- My favorite class is gym and he did a great job about giving strong support ideas such as : My favorite class is gym because I get to play dancdanc rerloshin which he gave
the exactly what the teacher want them to write down. Meanwhile, the teacher told me I need to give time to let he write down whatever he wants without spelling check and words. After that,
I remember this is a skill for brainstorming that is just writing whatever I want to write in the draft first. Then I can check the spelling or words later. By this way the student can find out which sentence supports the main idea and which one is not. In addition, this is the same meaning of Using Response Logs where he can record his initial responses. Don't worry about
spelling, punctuation, and grammar in this wirting; just try to capture as many of ideas as he can.
Besides, I found a lesson on the wall:
Aim: How do we read a new passage?
1. Read the title-- most time it's a due to the main idea. Sometimes the first and last sentences help tell about the main idea,too.
Is it a story or an article??( Remember an article is a non-fiction piece)
2. Adjust your pace--slow down --for non-fiction and topics we are not familiar with.
3. Reread-- areas that are confusing and have a lot of details.
Use context clues to try to figure out new words, sounds it out, does it make sentense in the
sentence??
Think about who, what, when, and where when writing.
Call you tell your friend what happened in this story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think the Lets Talk About Games book is going really well. I had Channell read it again today to review becuase she was absent the last 2 weeks and she read it nearly perfectly. I think having them slow down and track the words one by one really helps in decoding all the individual sounds.
Post a Comment